APPROVED TENANT CHARGES
These fees are In line with the requirements outlined in schedule 1 'Tenant Fees Act 2019
1. The rent
2. A refundable Holding Deposit: One weeks rent (to be off-set against the first months rental payment)
• In line with the requirements outlined in schedule 1 'Tenant Fees Act 2019' tenants are required to pay a refundable holding deposit equivalent to one weeks rent in order to reserve a property.
• Tenants will be required to pass credit / referencing checks, identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability as well as contract negotiation amending and agreeing terms and arranging the tenancy and agreement.
• Should the applicant not move into the property within the deadline for agreement of 15 days, consent will be required in writing from the agent to extend the deadline date.
• PLEASE NOTE: The holding deposit will be non-refundable if the following instances occur; o Applicant withdraws from tenancy application.
o Applicant fails right to rent checks.
o Applicant has provided false or misleading information.
o The applicant fails to provide the relevant information within the 15-day period.
Properties that except pets: Rental Increase between 5% - 10% of the monthly rental amount. To cover the added risk of property damage by pet, a higher rent will be payable as per advertisement.
PERMITTED PAYMENTS DURING YOUR TENANCY:
1. Tenancy Amendment Fee: £50 (Inc VAT), or reasonable costs incurred if higher. • Where a tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement (for example, a change to a sharer, name change, rental payment date change or permission to keep pets in the property.
2. Early Termination Fee: refer to landlord fees for full list of reasonable chargeable fees) or equivalent payment to length of fixed term agreement.
• Should the tenant wish to be released from the tenancy early and the landlord is in agreement. Permitted charges will be payable in advance to re-advertise the property to find a replacement tenant. Existing tenant will be responsible to pay rent up until a suitable tenant moves in, or tenant held liable for rent until fixed-term agreement has ended.
3. Unpaid Rent: Interest will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England’s rate.
4. Lost key, security device or parking permit: £50 (Inc VAT), or reasonable costs incurred if higher.
• Should a replacement be required, tenant will be held responsible for costs
• Change of locks: £50 (Inc VAT), or reasonable costs incurred if higher, paid direct. Should we have to get a lock smith to attend the property to provide you access to the property and have the locks changed this charge will be payable.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF